Cindy Header

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vintage Ornaments and BLOG CANDY

Today I have a couple of ornaments created with decoupage and Graphic 45 Christmas Past papers, but instead of using a clear plastic ornament as the base, I used a paper mache ball from the Paper Maniac store. It was so easy (although messy) and looks so vintage. I love how this came out.

For the next ornament, which was done in a plastic ball (see my previous post for directions) I wanted the picture of the girl to really stand out. I actually cut her from the front cover of the paper pad. My mother always taught me to use every scrap of paper! The Santa is from the other side of the ornament. He is also from the cover.


So I know most of you REALLY came looking for the blog candy. I am really enjoying my time here as guest designer for Paper Maniac, and I am so lucky to be able to offer this great candy here on my new blog. So I don't have a photo yet, but I am pretty sure you know the product. If not, just click the links to check it out in the store. The winner will get a Graphic 45 Christmas Past Paper Pad, A Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses 6" x 6" pad, and a jar of Robin's Nest Dew Drops. How fun is that? I think the papers were selected because they are my favorite companies.

All you have to do to win is leave a comment here on this post by Sunday November 15. That's it. Winner will be randomly selected on Monday.

I am off to the Volusia County Fair now to see how my paper mache sculptures did in the judging. You can see them in the Paper Maniac Gallery: Mermaid and Colorful Dancer. Keep your fingers crossed!


9 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Your work is amazing!!Happy Birthday!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

These ornaments are absolutely lovely!
Oh, happy birthday too!

Carol's Crafts said...

Love your ornaments. They are so pretty.

Hugs

Rona said...

Beautiful ornaments!! Your blog is very nice - I absolutely love the oil painting and basic grey!! WOW!!! can't wait to see what else you have to inspire us in the coming weeks!!

Patti said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to You!
You are so talented
Happy Birthday to you!

Jodi C. said...

WOW!!! These ornaments are AMAZING!!! I LOVE them!! TFS!!!

Iris said...

Congratulations on your new Blog. It looks great! Lovely ornaments. Thanks for offering Blog candy. Iris Soscia

rxmom said...

Found your blog by way of the Paper Maniac newsletter! Luv, Luv your Christmas ornaments. Hope you don't mind if I duplicate them..using my Paper Maniac supplies, of course!

Post a Comment