Cindy Header

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Renaissance Christmas

Hello again. I am having such a good time as a guest designer for Paper Maniac this week, and an even better time thinking about Christmas ornaments. This is so much fun!

It's not really a Christmas paper, but I absolutely love, love, love the Renaissance Faire Graphic 45 paper that Paper Maniac has in the store. I wanted to create something to help show off the paper's beauty. The plastic ball ornaments were a perfect way to do just that! This one is the 100 mm size. They are perfect for creating because they come in two halves to make it easy to do what you want to do.

It was really pretty easy to make:

I started by selecting my paper and cutting around the images that I wanted.

I brushed a layer of Mod Podge on the inside of the ball. I placed my primary pictures first and then layered
the background images, using as much Mod Podge as I needed for the images to stay where I wanted them.


After the inside of the ball was completely dry, I pasted the two halves of the ball together.

Next I covered the seams with a pretty ribbon or trim. I chose a pretty pearl ribbon that I felt complimented the whole Renaissance theme of my ornament. There are some pearl and pretty metallic trims at Paper Maniac that would be prefect.

I completed the ornament by hot gluing clay flowers to the top in a circular pattern around the hanger. Finally I added a ribbon as an ornament hanger.

Thank you for making me feel so welcome on the Paper Maniac Design Team. Like I said before, I am having the time of my life. And this blogging thing is kind of fun too.

I will be back in a few days with something else to share with you.

3 comments:

Patti said...

I love the way this came out, Cindy. So elegant. Thanks for being our guest designer. I can't wait to see what's next!

Angie Cortes said...

Another beautiful ornament Cindy! This is so elegant and creative!

Kelly Mahany said...

Gorgeous ornaments!! Just love them!

Post a Comment