Cindy Header

Saturday, November 14, 2009

snow flakes and ice

I think I have been having way too much fun decorating the plastic ornament balls. This is another simple ornament with fantastic results. All you need is a large plastic ornament ball, Hero Arts felt snowflakes, pretty ribbon, and
Mod Podge.

Paste a layer of Mod Podge on the inside of the plastic ball. Layer different colors of the snow flakes on top of the Mod Podge and paste a thick layer of Mod Podge on top of the snowflakes and in between. This will give the areas between the snowflakes an almost ice-like appearance when dry.

After the inside is dry, attach the two halves together and disguise the seam with a pretty ribbon of your choice. My favorite ribbon was the May Arts Iridescent taffeta ribbon in purple, and I thought this ribbon complimented the color in the snowflakes. I toned down this ribbon color by gluing a pretty white ribbon on top.

I used additional ribbon for my hanger.

It was hard to capture the beauty of this ornament in the light with the camera. The dried Mod Podge creates a very beautiful ice-like appearance inside the ball. So simple and so pretty.














0 comments:

Post a Comment